Our book fair is here!
This weekend we reflect on what we are thankful for and enjoy our time with family, plentiful food and good cheer. Let’s also take a moment to think of those who are not as fortunate. On Monday, November 19th begins AmPark’s Annual Food Drive in support of our local community.
From November 19 – December 7 you can help support POTS – a local food pantry.
Please have your children bring your food donations to their teachers or classrooms. There will be a class competition! The top two winning classes will receive a special surprise!
Items Most Needed:
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Dry and canned beans
- Canned meats (i.e. tuna, chicken, ham – in water)
- Peanut butter (plastic jars)
- Pasta, Rice, Macaroni and Cheese (packaged)
- Hot and cold cereal (packaged, family-sized)
Note: All cans must be labelled and undented. No opened packaging accepted no products that need to be refrigerated, homemade foods or expired products. Healthy variations preferred.
Learn more about POTS here: http://www.potsbronx.org/.
Considering AmPark? Sign up for one of our upcoming School Tours which are open to all prospective parents and families.
Click here to register for one of our 4 upcoming tours on Nov. 13, Nov. 20, Dec. 10 or Dec. 11 at 9am.
Our WonderWalk Costume Parade will take place on October 31st at 8:15 a.m.
We will leave from the Gouverneur exit, walk in the direction of Van Cortland Park South, then turn back to enter through the Hillman entrance.
We invite parents to line the streets as students march with signs raising awareness for March of Dimes.
Don’t forget your costumes!! No Masks or Weapons Allowed.
Donations of baked goods and volunteers are needed. Contact us for more details. Amparkpaparents@gmail.com
The first day of school will be Wednesday, September 5th, 2018. It will be a full day for grades 1-5 and a half day for Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten. For more information, please read the 2018-19 Principal’s Welcome Letter.
The Welcome Warm-Up event
will take place on Tuesday, September 4th at 2:45 p.m.
for Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and new AmPark families
- June 14th: 5th Grade Club Getaway
- June 14th: K – 4 Grade Field Day
- June 18th: 5th Grade Graduation at Bronx Science
- June 19th: Alvin Ailey Performance at 3:30pm
in multi-purpose room
- June 22nd: End of Year Community Sing at 1:45pm
- June 22nd: Last day of after-school program
(Road To Success Program)
- June 26th: Last day of school, 11:30am dismissal
No school on June 7th, 11th, and 15th